The fundamental heart of virtual events is to document the user journey. Even though the virtual events' streamlined framework has made communication effortless on a worldwide scale, it is crucial that we record the experience before anything else. We at Nextiz are striving to build new features in line with the most dynamic markets, and we've already added unique and modified capabilities to our platform.
This month, we set out to get precise real-time results with advanced insights, and we have successfully administered the integrations to bring to you the desired results thereby capturing the entire user journey in the product. In addition, several other improvements have been made to improve the user experience and bring lasting impressions.
Let us have a look at the following developments below:
I. Reporting is divided into:
In order to record and monitor each and every activity of the user real time data is recorded. Reports are divided into:
a. Report Dashboards
b. Report Details
For reports: Go to the Nextiz Back-End Portal > Report Dashboards
1. Event Registration - Gives a summary of all the registrations and comprises of:
- Total Registrations
- Total Companies
- Daily Registrations
- Registration Source
- Registration by Company
- Registration by Job Title
- Registration by Countries
2. Session Registration
- Registrations can be captured as per sessions.
- Data will have sessions with maximum participants and sessions with minimum participants.
3. Live Participation
- Sessions with participants are analyzed in this section.
- Registered vs Attended is showcased.
- Top 5 sessions with maximum and least participants is provided.
4. On-Demand Access
- The session with maximum and least visits is determined.
- The top 10 attendees who have visited multiple times are recorded.
For reports: Go to the Nextiz Back-End Portal > Report Details
- Tabular structure for all the attendees/registrants are provided.